Bangladesh, a developing country burdened with a huge human cargo, is uniquely placed to harness her human resource potential to the benefit of its people through effective restructuring of the existing health care delivery system with major shift towards primary health care approach.
Medical College for Women & Hospital is a Non Government Organization. Establishment of such an institute will assist mobilization of resources for health manpower development for solving national problems through basic and applied research and by encouraging self-reliance in women population.
This program will give a good profile of talents of female student in technical field by proving their better performance in medical education in a separate environment. This college will have a research cell in each department with good facilities for female graduates who can give more time in this field.
The college and the student’s hostels are within 15 minutes walking distance of the International Airport at Dhaka. MCWH in Sector-1, Uttara is at safe, well placed location and surrounded by residences of highly placed professionals and individuals. In its close proximity, there are abundance of great shops, restaurants and groceries where students can obtain items of everyday to day needs.
The aims of the medical college for women & hospital is to teach specially selected female candidates for five academic years according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) for MBBS degree to be conferred by the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and then impart training of closely supervised internship for one year to create high quality career doctors for the nation.
- Introduction to newly designed community oriented medical & dental education including MBBS course.
- To arrange training course for nurses, paramedical & medical social workers.
- To provide postgraduate students, training and research leading to certificate of diploma, degree, doctorate and post doctorate degree for strictly limited number.
- To meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
- To inspire to develop the essential character qualities, strong sense of righteousness and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanity.
The college and hospital may have several units located in different areas. At present:
- The college with hospital is located in Plot-4, Road-8/9, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- 2nd building is in Plot-16, Road-12, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230
- 3rd building is in Plot-2, Road-15, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- 4th building is in Plot-2, Road-16, Sector-3, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- Another campus is located at Fazir Batan, Uttarkhan, Uttara, Dhaka.
INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION & ENLISTMENT DOCUMENTS
|1.||Eligibility criteria of Medical Council of India (MCI)||Download|
|2.||Medical College for Women & Hospital name list in World Directory of Medical Schools published by WHO|
|3.||Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) enlistment and authorization documents.||Download|
|4.||Medical Board of California, USA recognition document||Download|