Medical College for Women & Hospital is a project of Medical and Health Welfare Trust, established in 1992. The project began with four visionaries – Prof. A.Q.M. Badruddoza Choudhury, Former President, and People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Prof. M.R. Khan, National Chairman, Prof. A. M. Mujibul Haq, Founder Principal, MCWH, and Prof. Suraiya Jabeen, Founder, Treasurer, who dreamed of a medical college exclusively for women.
The aim of the institute is to teach selected female candidates for five academic years according to the syllabus of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) for MBBS degree to be conferred by Dhaka University and then impart training of closely supervised internship for one year to create high quality career doctors for the nation.
The institute is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization), MCI (Medical Council of India), Medical Board of California, USA and listed in the World Directory of Medical School and ECFMG (Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates). It is also approved by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC) and University of Dhaka (DU).
The College has two hostels for the students with standard facilities and an in-house gymnasium. It has two libraries, one remains open 24/7. The institute has a full time dedicated, highly qualified, and efficient faculty, doctors, and whose purpose is to provide quality medical education to students, selected according to the government procedure.
Since 2003, the college publishes bi-annual, peer reviewed journal, recognized by the BMDC and registered in ISSN register. The college has a well-developed Medical Research Unit (MRU) which provide a broader research opportunities for doctors and the students of the institute.
- Introduction to newly designed community oriented medical & dental education including MBBS course.
- To arrange training course for nurses, paramedical & medical social workers.
- To provide postgraduate students, training and research leading to certificate of diploma, degree, doctorate and post doctorate degree for strictly limited number.
- To meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
- To inspire to develop the essential character qualities, strong sense of righteousness and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanity.
The college and hospital may have several units located in different areas. At present:
- The college with hospital is located in Plot-4, Road-8/9, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- 2nd building is in Plot-16, Road-12, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230
- 3rd building is in Plot-2, Road-15, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- 4th building is in Plot-2, Road-16, Sector-3, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- Another campus is located at Fazir Batan, Uttarkhan, Uttara, Dhaka.
INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION & ENLISTMENT DOCUMENTS
|1.||Eligibility criteria of Medical Council of India (MCI)||Download|
|2.||Medical College for Women & Hospital name list in World Directory of Medical Schools published by WHO||Download|
|3.||Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) enlistment and authorization documents.||Download|
|4.||Medical Board of California, USA recognition document||Download|